- music: composing, singing, improvising, jamming. creating melodies from voice, multiple tunings, mixing up language, drones, amplification, feedback, beats, electronic waveforms.
- drawings: laying down lots of dots, curvy, straight lines, circles, colors. with pencils, sharpies, ink, acrylic, paint pens, etc. layers interplay, je ne sais quoi.
- dolls: stumbled into when learning how to tie knots with cotton rope and silk. photo scenes inspired by a longtime obsession with fashion, playing pretend and claymation via view masters and rankin and bass holiday specials...
- whims: for a long time, i wrote mainly letters via email or text. over the last couple of years, i wrote so many emails and texts, that i started writing without pressing send.
- family roots: my mom taught me how to look, collect - dolls, teddy bears, avon decanters, charms, whatever - and to appreciate the misfits that ended up in the clearance bin. my dad taught me how to listen to the things you could barely hear, disco beats on headphones, by repeat replay again.
- to my family and friends, many of whom I am in regular artistic exchanges with, whose grace inspires my life and practice.
- to my brother, bryan (and for the support of veronica and nora), who is the awesome web developer for this site. who programmed and mapped functionality over many creative dialogues over video conference, texts, phone calls, osmosis...
- to my husband, kenneth, who is in it with me. big time. we doom baby doom baby doom baby doom doom. yeah yeah yeah.